My 2011 (Literary) Resolutions
Usually, I kick off a new year with some champagne (which I did) and some resolutions about eating better and going to the gym more (which I will.)
However, this year I’ve also made a list of literary resolutions, and I thought I’d share.
1. I will visit the Ernest Hemingway Museum in Oak Park, IL.
2. I will visit the Madeleine L’Engle Collections at Wheaton College in Wheaton, IL.
3. I will attend at least ONE author or literary event a month.
4. I will do more of my book shopping at Independent Bookstores. Since Chicago is so rich in indie shops, I should really take advantage of these little gems.
5. I will read Upton Sinclair’s “The Jungle.” (I mean, since I live in Chicago and have never actually read it.)
There. I feel like 5 goals is attainable and should actually be pretty easy.
Let’s see how I do.
Happy 2011, Everyone!